Now more than ever, we need to be protected and so should your console and accessories. Our coverage plan offers peace of mind, on demand-help and the guaranty your gaming gear with last longer and better.
Protect it today, play for years
A protection plan you can count on
Our Gaming Protection Plan is made for gamers like you, it covers :
- Screen protection against burn-in and bad pixels on handheld tech
- Accessory coverage for docks, cables and controllers included in the original packaging
- Coverage for defects caused by normal wear-and-tear
- Power surge coverage—we’ll fix it or replace it
- Replacement of built-in batteries if deemed defective
Using your plan is simple
Gaming Shop’s direct support.
Replacement and Repairs
Noticed something different about the performance of your console or accessory? Reach out to find out the tailored solutions your plan offers.
Saves you money
Protect your investment in gaming gear and never worry again about repair or replacement costs.
Gaming Shop’s Protection Plan
Gaming Shop Protection goes above and beyond the manufacturer’s warranty. Keep your gaming consoles and handhelds working like new with our extra support.
Gaming Shop’s Extended Warranty Contract
SERVICE AND REPLACEMENT PLAN TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PART 1 - GENERAL
Purchaser: Reference in this document to “you” and “your” (whether or not capitalized) refer to the purchaser of Gaming Shop Protection, or any permitted transferee. “Plan” means Gaming Shop’s extended warranty, as shown on your original invoice. GS or Gaming Shop refer to Gaming Shop Canada Inc.
You have elected to purchase the Plan for the price of the Plan and in respect of the product purchased from Gaming Shop Canada Inc. In doing so, you are entering into a legal contract as follows:
- a Service Contract consisting of your original purchase invoice and Parts 1 and 2 of this document which is made between you and Gaming Shop Canada Inc. for the provision by Gaming Shop to you of the services described in Part 2 of this document (“Services”) in relation to the covered product purchased online on www.GamingShop.ca. Pursuant to the Service Contract, you will deal with Gaming Shop Canada Inc. for assistance in regard to the Plan; and by purchasing this Plan, you acknowledge that you have had the opportunity to read and that you accept the terms and conditions of the Service Contract as set out in this document.
Covered Products and Electronics Accessories:
This Plan only covers products purchased online on www.gamingshop.ca for which you have paid the purchase price of the Plan. The Plan only covers products used primarily for personal, family or household purposes or in a home office setting, unless specifically noted as a commercial Plan on your original purchase invoice. Accessories and peripheral devices (“Accessories”) that are included with and form part of your covered product in the original manufacturer’s package are covered. Examples of Accessories may include external speakers, monitors, keyboards, mice, remote controls, and docking stations. Your original purchase invoice is required to obtain Services.
Plan Purchase Price:
The Plan purchase price payable is as shown on your original invoice.
This Plan complements but does not replace the manufacturer’s warranty or warranty obligations. Parts and services covered by the manufacturer’s warranty and warranty obligations are the responsibility of the manufacturer only. During the manufacturer’s warranty and warranty obligations period, please contact the manufacturer directly for all such claims. Should you contact Gaming Shop for a problem covered by the manufacturer’s warranty or warranty obligations, you will be referred to the applicable manufacturer. During the term of the manufacturer’s warranty, the Plan provides certain additional Services for which the manufacturer may not provide coverage. These additional Services are set out below in Part 2.
Note: Additional Services provided under this Plan prior to the expiry of the manufacturer’s warranty may void the manufacturer’s warranty. Please refer to the terms and conditions of your Product’s manufacturer’s warranty for further details.
Before providing your product for service or exchange, remove any confidential, proprietary or personal information, and removable media, such as CDs, DVDs or PC Cards. It is your responsibility to back up the contents of your hard drive(s) and remove any data from parts or products being returned, including any data you have stored or software you have installed. It is possible that the contents of any hard drive or data storage component will be lost or reformatted. Your product will be returned to you configured as originally purchased (subject to availability of software).
Gaming Shop will be responsible for any damage to or loss of any programs, data, or other information stored on any media or any part of any product that is replaced or serviced by us.
When sending a product to us for exchange or to an authorized service facility as specified in these Terms and Conditions, you are responsible for properly packaging your product and it must be delivered in either its original packaging or packaging affording an equal degree of protection.
Duration of Plan:
Access to Services commences on the original product & Plan purchase date. The Plan, the Service Contract Contract will end on the earliest of:
i) the expiry date noted on the original purchase invoice; or
ii) cancellation of the Plan under the section titled “Cancellation”.
None of Gaming Shop or you will have any further rights, liabilities or obligations under the Plan and the Service Contract, once ended.
At their option, Gaming Shop will cancel the Service Contract, on the basis of (a) your fraud or misrepresentation; (b) your commercial or rental use of the product (except where permitted by a commercial Plan); (c) repair of a product not performed by a certified and qualified technician authorized by the manufacturer during the manufacturer’s warranty period; or (d) repair of a product not performed by a certified and qualified technician authorized by us after the manufacturer’s warranty period.
You may cancel your Plan, for any reason at any time within the first thirty (30) days of purchase and receive a full refund of the Plan price, less the cost of services received (if any). To receive your refund, you must deliver the cancellation request along with this document to firstname.lastname@example.org. After the first thirty (30) days, no refund will apply.
No Services or will be received or paid after cancellation or expiry of the Plan.
This Plan is transferable with the product. The Plan holder must have original documentation to receive Services.
Your original purchase invoice and Parts 1 and 2 of this document are intended by the parties to be a final statement of the entire Contract between you and Gaming Shop and supersede all prior negotiations, understandings and agreements concerning the subject matter of the Contract. No amendment or modification of the Contract will be binding, except by a written agreement signed by the party to be bound thereby.
No oral or written representations, warranties or conditions of the Service Contract will be binding, except by a written agreement signed by the party to be bound thereby.
Gaming Shop may assign this Plan and their respective contracts without your consent and without notice to you. If Gaming Shop does assign this Plan and/or their respective contracts, the assignee(s) will assume all obligations to you, Gaming Shop, as the case may be, will be released of all obligations, and you agree to look solely to the assignee for the performance of all obligations under Plan and/or the respective contracts. Parts 1and 2 of this Plan may not be modified, altered or amended without the written agreement of you and Gaming Shop. If any term of this Plan or the respective contracts hereunder is held to be illegal or unenforceable, the legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected or impaired.
The following are not covered in respect of the Services (Part 2) provided by this Plan:
- maintenance, repair or replacement necessitated by any causes other than normal usage and operation of the product in accordance with the manufacturer’s guidelines, including, but not limited to, theft, exposure to weather, moisture and other environmental conditions, negligence, accidental or intentional physical damage, misuse, abuse, unauthorized repairs, improper installation, transportation damage (except damage incurred by authorized shipment of product(s) to and from an authorized service), improper equipment modifications, vandalism, spilled liquids, burned phosphor (including image ghosting), pixel burnout not in accordance with the manufacturer’s guidelines, computer viruses, software generated problems or acts of nature or any other peril originating from outside of the product;
- software and data;
- lost parts (remotes, knobs, or other similar parts) or consumable parts, including, but not limited to, light bulbs (including lamps and optical units), knobs, dials, rinse aids, filter, belts, cartridges, drums, end-user replaceable batteries, non-end-user replacement batteries for laptops, desktops, notebooks and netbooks, laptop power source batteries, and end-user replaceable print heads;
- unauthorized servicing and transportation charges;
- products with removed or altered serial numbers;
- products used for commercial purposes, used by the general public, used as a lease or rental or used in common areas in multi-family housing, unless noted specifically as a commercial Plan on the original purchase invoice;
- indirect, consequential or incidental damages, including, but not limited to, loss of profits, loss of data, down-time and charges for time and effort;
- fees related to third party contracts;
- personal items left in the product;
- “no problem found” or “no fault” type diagnosis and intermittent errors that cannot be reproduced; or
- minor imperfections in units that meet design specifications or cosmetic imperfections that do not alter functionality.
- GAMING SHOP CANADA INC. IS NOT LIABLE TO YOU IF THEY ARE UNABLE TO PERFORM THEIR OBLIGATIONS HEREUNDER DUE TO EVENTS THEY ARE NOT ABLE TO CONTROL, SUCH AS ACTS OF GOD.
- GAMING SHOP CANADA INC. IS NOT LIABLE TO YOU FOR VIRUSES, PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOSS OF USE, INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS, LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE.
- GAMING SHOP CANADA INC.’S MAXIMUM LIABILITY TO YOU HEREUNDER IS LIMITED TO THE PURCHASE PRICE YOU PAID FOR THE PRODUCT TO BE SERVICED OR REPLACED UNDER THIS PLAN.
- EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, IF APPLICABLE TO THE SERVICE CONTRACT, IS LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THE PLAN.
- The Service Contract is between you and Gaming Shop.
PART 2 – SERVICE CONTRACT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Gaming Shop’s Obligations:
Gaming Shop is obligated to provide the Services to you, as the Services are described in this Part 2.
Gaming Shop’s Services include acting as administrator of the Plan, and in this capacity, Gaming Shop will co-ordinate provision of and facilitate access to the Services available under the Plan.
To address manufacturer’s defects in materials and workmanship that reveal themselves in normal usage for the duration of the Plan, Gaming Shop will provide you with, or arrange for you to have available certain Services as follows:
Services for Gaming Shop’s Extended Warranty:
The following are Services provided for Gaming Shop customers who purchased the Protection Replacement Plan, as shown on the original invoice.
- Monday to Friday, 9h am to 5h pm bilingual French/English support for replacement services and claims benefit processing services
- Management of product replacement services, which entails:
- Managing the technical assessment of your defective product
- Provision of national access to and management of a courier service to arrange for the pick-up of your defective product
- Management of the gift card issuance process with Gaming Shop, including arranging for authorization, activation and delivery of gift cards in replacement of defective products under the Plan
- Coordination and facilitation of the Benefit claims process.
Do not return your product without contacting us first. Be sure you have the original purchase invoice available so that your claim can be processed. A return authorization number will be issued along with complete instructions, a mailing label and prepaid postage for you to ship your defective product.
Gaming Shop will not be responsible for paying shipping fees for altered or fraudulent items, whether its sent back from the buyer’s address to Gaming Shop, or vice versa.
All repairs completed under this Plan, will be performed at an authorized service center, on a carry-in basis only.
Gaming Shop Canada Inc. Will not provide in-home repairs.